Thursday, September 27, 2012

Resons we love Campbell Jean

I wanted to share a few sweet things about Campbell before I forget.  Here are a few random reasons we love this girl so so much:

... she's pretty into her momma lately and can often be found at my feet asking to be held.  We know she means to say 'you carry me momma' but instead, switches the pronouns and what you hear is "I carry you Momma."  Makes me smile every time. 

... she and I have a joke each morning while we share a bowl of cereal.  As soon as we start to eat she says 'cereal with milk momma' and then quickly corrects herself with a grin and says 'cereal with water!'  She giggles each time when I take the bait and say 'no it's milk silly!' and laugh with her!  This has gone on for the last few months.  Last week she mistakenly called Bryan's red truck pink.  I corrected her by saying 'no silly Daddy's truck is red' (she knows the difference) and you could see the light bulb go off in her head!  Now the milk/water cereal joke is immediately followed each morning by the red/pink truck joke!  She thinks she's pretty funny!  I think it's funny she knows she has two jokes and looks forward to making me giggle each time she tricks me! 

... she likes to talk.  : )  Bryan and I still can't get enough of it!  We have always said we would be careful not to shush her as we haven't been able to enjoy that kind of interaction with Sam.  Although she tries our patience at some point throughout the day with her need to fill all air space, we love to hear what funny thoughts she has to share.  Lately, while Bryan is working and Sam is at school, she talks about things the four of us will do.  She lists all four of our names (and repeats a few) about three times and sprinkles in there whatever activity we'll do when we're reunited again- for example 'park.... Daddy, Sam, Momma, Sam, Campbell... park... park Momma!... Sam, Daddy, Campbell, Momma, Campbell, Daddy... the park! Mom, Dad, Sam, Campbell!'   We have a conversation about day and night at least once each day.  It's suck in her head that the sun comes up each morning about the time that we are having breakfast.  She knows that when the sun goes doesn it's night night time and the moon gets a turn.  Bedtime is my favorite... 'no sun... night night... moon's turn... at freatfast... the sun... freatfast... sun... moon... night night... at freatfast... sun!' and we go round and round! 

... she likes her babies more than ever.  She pretends to feed them real food, puts her pointer finger over her lips and tells me to shhh! when they are sleeping, gives them rides in the little cozy coup car and puts them to sleep in her crib when they're really tired.  She brings me my phone and asks to see pictures of babies (on facebook ha!) and doesn't miss a single baby on a book, a commercial or for pete's sake in person.  She's got a baby radar!  It's pretty sweet to watch her imagine and nuture little ones already!

... she likes shoes.  Her favorites right now include a pair of butterly shoes (flutterfly shoes), her buckle shoes (two sizes too big), boots or boot-ies (cowboy boots, cute girly black boots or too big hand-me-downs with bows on them), or 'Kate's shoes (a lovely pair of pink shoes I told her Kate wore a long time ago)'!  She cooperates for the most part when I tell her she needs to wear her pink and purple (Nikes) if we're headed to the park or somewhere official.  My fingers are crossed she doesn't end up in size 10s like her mother, aunts and grandmother! 

She is a funny little thing.  Kind of fiesty too... she knows what she wants!  She is still quite at the start of being in front of friends or new people.  Her memory amazes me and she's adding new words and phrases at rapid speed!  Words that describe Campbell at almost 22 months: talkative, sweet, silly, demanding, and smart <3 p="p">
pointing to Kate's shoes
figuring out how to take a picture with my phone
my little baby lover sweetly slumbering
don't take my picture pout!  note the Christmas skirt, two birdie shirt, and beloved too big buckle shoes : )
And a short video just because she's cute! 
       

No comments: