Monday, April 16, 2012

Weekend Accomplishments

I decided to put the blogger app on my phone in hopes of posting things I'd like to remember about the kids and pictures I take on my phone in a more timely manner. I read that you can't format text or pictures or even add captions to pictures but I'll give it a try and see how it goes.

Weekend success #1
All of the school stuff I purchased and accumulated in my four+ years of teaching is kept in an L-shaped closet under our stairs. This weekend we pulled it all out, I sorted through half of the boxes and totes and threw a bunch of stuff away! I love to purge (belongings that is)! You can't tell from the picture but anyone that's peaked in there can tell you this is a huge improvement!! I'm pretty excited about the white drawers on the left- full of office supplies, colored paper, craft materials and a drawer to keep a few files of family stuff in the bottom! Good thing we cleared out a space before the bad weather hit Saturday night- but thankfully it wasn't needed!

Success #2
Bryan has long been wanting me to find a way to make the perfect crispy homemade pizza crust. We found a recipe online and my partner and I (my one and only) learned making dough was really simple and really delicious!! The recipe makes two crusts so we have one in the freezer ready to be enjoyed at any time! Next time I think I'll make a double batch to end up with four crusts since they supposedly freeze so well. The real key to our pizza success was using a pizza stone. My mom had given me one years ago but I had never tried it- no directions and I didn't know how to use it properly. Thanks to some google research I'm now in love with this thing!!! I know some of you have probably done it this way all along but it's new and exciting for us! The crust was perfect! I mean PERFECT! Golden brown and the perfect crisp!! We are sold!!

PS as I'm writing this I want the pictures to be up in between paragraphs but it looks like they're goin gto post below my writing. No perfect to do it on my phone but convenient so we'll give it a go!

No comments: