Wednesday, April 4, 2012

I've been MIA from this blog for the last few months and a few have gently reminded me how lovely a place this is to keep up with us and most importantly, for Bryan and I to look back and remember as our kids are growing and changing so quickly.  Our computer ended up with a virus and has kicked the bucket, things are the normal busy, the weather has been nice, blah blah blah.  I am going to be a better blogger.  I'll regret it later if not. 

So I'll start with a sweet Campbell story.  She's such a fun little thing right now.  She is full of life and joy and fiesty energy!  Last night she was pretty revved up at their normal bedtime.  She ended up on the couch with me so I could encourage her to settle down and get ready to sleep.  I decided to rub/tickle/draw on her forhead softly with my fingers- a trick Sam loved loved but it's never really done much for her.  She dramatically closed her eyes and relaxed back in my arms.  After three or four minutes I was sure she was alseep so I stopped.  As soon as I did, she opened her eyes, sat halfway up, signed more and said 'more momma'.  She then laid back down and closed her eyes- ready for me to resume!  Bryan and I both laughed out loud.  Thought she was asleep and instead she sat up and cutely told me she'd like some more of that love.  She was in bed sound asleep five minutes later. She's a funny kid.

1 comment:

Shelby said...

Love that! Luke will sit while you tickle his face and arms, too....but if he thinks he's getting too relaxed he'll quickly sit straight up and run off...can't be falling alseep, there's too much to do! :-)