Monday, November 2, 2009

Iowa Bound

Well it's official and the secret is out... the Rempt's are headed to Iowa for good at the end of this week!  Bryan accepted an offer from County Materials in Iowa City and starts mid November.  It is a great move for him careerwise and he's excited for the challenge of running the plant there.  Meanwhile, Sam and I will be holding down the fort at home in Coralville!  We are excited for this opportunity look forward to being back in Iowa with family and friends.  On the other hand, we are sad sad sad to be leaving Denver.  It's a wonderful city to live in and even more so, we hate to leave my siblings here.  It has been so so wonderful to be 10 minutes from Matt and Jamie both this past year.  Pretty strange that all three of us ended up in the same city for a bit.  If we could have been picky, this opportunity would have come two years down the road but evidently we were just meant to have one short, jam-packed year here.  Bittersweet for sure.  We make the official drive back later this week! 

5 comments:

beauty queen's mama said...

yay! now we can 'talk' about it! :) let us know when you're all settled...we'll be down for some more HAWKEYE wins and would love to catch up! drive safe and i hope the move goes smoothly.....

The Pingel Family said...

Congratulations! I am so jealous...I miss it there.

Hoversten said...

What exciting news! I don't know if I could have handled two moves with a little one...I sure admire you!!! Best of luck to you on your move and maybe we'll see ya around. You are kind of in the wrong part of the state for Cyclone fans huh?

KK said...

Love Iowa City/Coralville! If I can't live in Colorado, that would be my 2nd choice! Don't hesitate to call or e-mail if you have any questions about the area. How sas to have to leave everyone though.
:( Good luck, Jenny!

Jackie Stevenson said...

Yeah!! Iowa City will be a little easier for me to come and visit! I want to meet Sam!! :) Good Luck with everything!!

Love you,
Jackie