Monday, October 5, 2009

I Don't Mind

I don't mind changing diapers.
I don't mind the sweet noises you make.
I don't mind days when you just want to be in my arms.
I don't mind putting Shout on stains every day.
I don't mind baby drool.
I don't mind carrying a diaper bag instead of a purse.
I don't mind it when you cry.
I don't mind washing bottles each night before bed.
I don't mind picking up noisy toys.
I don't mind receiving sweet smiles from you.
I don't mind folding little boy laundry.
I don't mind having cupboards full of bottles, pacis, medicines and such.
I don't mind packing your bag with treats and toys before we leave the house.
I don't mind dreaming of the man you will grow to be someday.
I don't mind getting up in the middle of the night with you.
I don't mind wrestling and snuggling on the floor.
I don't mind picking your nose.
I don't mind you squirming in my arms and lap when I'm holding you.
I don't mind praying for you throughout the day.
I don't mind getting puked on.
I don't mind getting splashed while you play in the bathtub.
I don't mind sharing my worries about you with family and friends.
I don't mind reading to you.
I don't mind making your dad go down memory lane with me often.
I don't mind watching you sleep.
I don't mind being the one you come back to when you need comfort or care.
I don't mind putting baby lotion on you each day.
I don't mind sharing my meals with you.
I don't mind introducing you to new people and places.
I don't mind sitting quietly so you will nap just a few minutes longer.
I don't mind snuggling when you first wake up.
I don't mind being a mom.
In fact, I love all of those things.

I love you Sam.

1 comment:

Bearcub Mama said...

So very true and beautifully said!! I have to remind myself to step back and just soak it all in....because I know how quickly time will pass. Little boys are blessings from above, for sure!