Friday, August 20, 2010

Flashback Friday

Today I'm flashing back to a day just shy of two years ago... Sam's birthday.  Our good friends are in labor with their second babe as we speak in Des Moines.  I have been a puddle all day as I'm thinking and praying for them.  Anything labor and delivery, centimeters and pitocin, first cries and eyeing that new miracle gets me so so so excited and emotional!  I love it!  I could talk, listen, ask questions and get status updates on that stuff all day as the women I know and love go through it!  Although we're a good three months from experiencing that day again ourselves, I have been loving dreaming of that day today as Sam and I go about our normal Friday.  We're wishing Jill and Spencer and their new little miracle a speedy and safe day filled with much joy!  PS- they waited to find out boy/girl this time so it's a different kind of super exciting to finally meet him/her! 

Here's a picture of me in "active labor"!!  I was pretty out of it with the medicine they had me on for being pre-preeclamptic so this is what I looked like through the majority of my labor!  I don't remember much other than the couple of hours leading up to my epidural and then once I started pushing.  Although kind of nice, I hope the second time around does not involve that med! 

Almost two whole stinkin years ago Sam I Am and oh so fun to remember!!!!!!  : )

What an amazing blessing. 

1 comment:

Jill Smith said...

Wow:) What a sweet sweet post! We are so blessed to have such great friends that truly care about us! We wish all 4 of you the best and can't wait to see you guys! Thanks for keeping up with all of my random blogging! Not quite as good as you and Jill, but that's okay! Have a great Saturday:)
Spencer