Sunday, April 25, 2010

Ellie

Sorry no post yesterday for those of you who are reading to hear the latest with Ellie!  Saturday was Abbie's birthday and a pretty good day for Ellie.  She is still off of the vent and breathing on her own so that is great!  She's had a few "episodes" where her heart rate dips really low for a bit- bradycardia I think Ab called it.  I guess she kind of just works through the spells and things return to normal.  The doctors don't know why she is doing this but have a few things they are doing to try to help.  She had another echo this afternoon and I think all things checked out fine there so we'll see.  Here's hoping tonight is episode free!  My parents headed back to IA today and Gretchen and Maggie (Ab's mom and sister) get there on Wednesday.  PS- I think my turn is getting closer so yeah yeah yeah! : )  I can't wait to get there to help in whatever way they need me.  Sam has an ortho appointment there May 18th so I think it looks like we will just fly out early. 

Matt and Ab are taking everything in stride and seem to be doing much better than any of us think we would be doing in their situation.  You just do what you have to do I guess.  They said tonight it's pretty weird to be home and without your newborn.  Their faith is oh so strong and their marriage is firmly rooted in that faith which is for sure why they are able to deal with everything.  Ab said they still have anxious moments and freak out once in a while but they are good.  They really appreciate all of the thoughts and prayers that you wonderful people are sending their way! 

More to come soon from them and us!  Nighty night!

2 comments:

the w family said...

YEAH!! good to hear the great news! GO Ellie!

Bearcub Mama said...

Thanks for the update! Glad to hear some good news! :)