Tuesday, June 23, 2009

Iowa

Our family was lucky enough to get home to Iowa for a few days recently. We flew to Omaha on Wednesday of last week. My dad (a true trooper) made the trip from Newton to pick us up late that night. We headed for Cedar Rapids on Thursday morning and spent most of Thursday and Friday just being around with family. We were able to see Bryan's grandpa the day before he left the hospital and helped him celebrate the good news/ huge accomplishment of being able to return home just 21 days after his stroke! On Saturday, Bryan, my dad and my brother played in the Woods Golf Outing and then took off for Chicago for their annual Cubs game on Sunday. Sam and I traveled to Newton again on Sunday and spent the rest of the week there with my parents, Ab and the kids. Over the week, we saw my grandpa in Hampton, helped put together a garage sale, swam, played in the humid backyard, spent a morning with Bryan's sister, saw hometown friends in Ankeny and shopped with college friends in Williamsburg. Sam and I successfully traveled back to Denver on Friday afternoon to an anxious Bryan. We had a very nice trip and spent some quality time with a lot of friends and family. See you again soon!!!!!! : )

No comments: